Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The flesh is weak ...

I can't believe I'm posting and not doing all the work I SHOULD be doing. I'm so irresponsible.

I've been working a little on the Wool and Bull studio. I bought two scratch and dent file cabinets and a door to lay over them to be a work surface/desk. I'm trying to paint the door and a small bookcase "navy blue" but after four coats of paint, they refuse to turn navy. They're sort of a vibrant blue -- my mom would say U.K. blue. I was really hoping for something a little more dignified. So, I guess I'll keep painting until I run out of paint.

This weekend was "Sound of Music" weekend and my whole family was represented in the audience on Saturday night. Ally was great as the Mother Superior and Kate was a lovely nun and also a party guest at the Von Trapp's party. I have more pictures posted on my flickr site:




http://www.flickr.com/gp/38567934@N00/84behh . I really enjoyed having everyone together on Saturday.

I also went to Bee School with Kathryn on Saturday. It was great to see her and fun to learn about the bees. I can't think of a good place to put a hive, so I guess I'll just enjoy her bees vicariously.

I'm not really accomplishing much knitting or spinning. I'm getting the panels of the Sample Stitch Kimono ready to sew together. It turned out that I had to rip back nearly every panel once they were blocked and one panel was about half the length it should have been, so I'm even-ing them up. I hope to get the thing done before I see Gwen Bortner (the designer) in June! It would be fun to wear it to Knitter's Connection.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I couldn't make the show, but the photo stream is great.
(Have you tried adding some black to the blue paint?)

Lynne