Thursday, February 14, 2008

Spinning-2: House cleaning-0

So... I'm not the greatest housekeeper. My house looks like wild elephants have been passing through on their annual migration (even THEY wouldn't live here). But I've gotten some spinning and knitting done!
I finished the last of the fiber sampler. The last one was angora/merino and luscious to touch. You can even see the halo already. Now I just have to decide what to make with it.
I also got started on the "Fondle This!" offering for January (now that the February fiber has already arrived). It's baby llama dyed in colors that remind me of the sea shore. I'm spinning it into what will probably be a bulky three-ply.
I've also been working on my final panel for the Sample Stitch Kimono KAL. I saved the cable panel for last and I'm about 1/3 of the way through it. Then comes the sewing up of all 12 panels! Yipes!
Last, and least, I've been working on a gift for my sister's birthday which shall go unviewed until I give it to her. Needless to say, I screwed it up every way possible and had to call Lynne for emergency telephone assistance. I did get it done ... but it's not exactly the way it was supposed to be. I made changes that are "design features" ... right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will definitely need to bring your Kimono KAL project in to the Guild for show and tell! The cable square looks grand!