Monday, March 5, 2012

Behold My Sock Drawer ... and Despair!

Yes, it's true.  You will never have a sock drawer this magnificent.  Some may aspire, only to fail.  I only post it to demonstrate that it can be done.  By me.  Alone. 

Note the socks separated by color into black, brown, and navy.  Note the organized bed socks and athletic socks lining the sides.  And -- le coup de grace -- twelve pairs of neatly rolled hand knitted socks of varying patterns and colors.  This is truly the acme of sockdom. 


Speaking of socks, I finished the knee socks I was making for Kate this weekend.  She seemed to like them and I think they're really cute.  They're plain in the front and have a lace pattern of hearts running up the back of the leg.  They might have been cuter in red, pink, or white, but this blue is a favorite color of Kate's. 


Last -- and maybe least -- I wanted to post a warning.  When traveling through Florida and/or Georgia do not under any circumstances be tempted by the frequent roadside signs offering boiled peanuts as if it were a treat.  I succumbed to curiosity while driving home from Florida and actually consumed some of these.  This local delicacy, much touted along the road, has the consistency of wet cardboard and tastes sort of like the bean part of green beans.  Just looking at them should have been enough of a warning, but I was living on the wild side.  I can't say they're unfit for human consumption -- I suppose they have some nutritive value and they didn't actually make me sick -- but they were not the taste treat I expected from the saturation signage.   

4 comments:

Somerhill said...

Do you eat the shell? They look and sound NASTY!

WoolyWorm said...

The "lady" who sold them to me said that you could eat the shell and that many people do. I tried it both ways and both were nasty!

Brandi Schoch said...

Your socks are awesome. I only have about 6pr right now but I am working on getting rid of all my store bought socks. I lived in the south for 14 yrs and boiled peanuts are gross.

Lilac Haven said...

I LOVE THEM!!!!