Friday, January 6, 2012

The View From Vero Beach

 This is the view from my window this morning.  Jeff and I have been down in Florida since the day after Christmas.  The girls were with us the first week and then they had to go back to college -- Ally, in fact, went all the way to Greece where she's taking a class this term. 

The time away from home has given me a chance to relax without the stress of everyday life.  I haven't really accomplished much -- I've done a little knitting, fooled around with Photoshop, read a little, watched the ocean, cruised the Internet, hit the area thrift shops, and just generally vegged out.  While I'm here, no one really expects me to accomplish anything and that's a good feeling. 


I'm about ready to go home though.  I've been away long enough.  I want my dog and my bunnies.  I need to get to work on all the things that went undone while I was trying to work a 40 hour week. 

Now that I'm liberated from that, I can get my house in order.  I hope.  By nature I'm a very orderly person, but you'd never know it from the way my house looks.  It would be such a joy to have a place for everything and everything in its place -- not in a rigid German way, but in a peaceful zen way.   I know you can never win against the entropy, but it would feel really great to get a leg up on it.  And if it takes a week devoted to each room in my house, that's only about 10 weeks.  I would gladly give three months to have an orderly house at last.

  ... And, then, there are the storage units to tackle. 

Well, I can dream, can't I?

1 comment:

Brandi Schoch said...

I'm a bit envious of your vacation. I think I need one ;p;