Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Slowly, Not Surely

The body of my black Bountiful Bohus sweater has been finished for at least two weeks. I just got up the gumption to start on the sleeves, only to find that they're bell shaped and only three-quarter length. Why didn't I look at the pattern more closely?!

Actually, the pattern itself doesn't show the sleeves. I had to look at other people's projects on Ravelry to find some pictures of them. I only thought to look when I had done three rows on a sleeve and realized that it could fit an elephant. Anyway -- I think the pattern sleeves are really ugly and now I'm going to have to redesign them, which is going to be unpleasant. I want close-fitting sleeves that go to the wrist. This sweater may not get done any time in the near future.

No comments: