Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hit the Snooze

Today is one of those days. I haven't gotten anything done. After breakfast, I decided to lie down on the couch for 15 minutes and set an alarm to be sure I got up. I hit the snooze three times before just turning the darn thing off.



Now I've got a little coffee in me and I'm trying to make a fresh start. I may need more coffee ...



Last night was my last post-surgery appointment with the dietician, thank God. She's about a size 4, naturally, and full of helpful advice and criticism. She's against the use of coffee and shakes her head sadly over the smallest sweet treat. My exercise program is clearly insufficient. She makes me feel like losing 52 pounds was a failure. I was so depressed coming out of that appointment. At least, I don't have to see her again for three months.



Good things ... good things ... let's concentrate on good things. What's fun? This is sad. I can't think of anything fun. I really shouldn't let an officious size 4 woman make me feel bad. What is it that Eleanor Roosevelt used to say, "No one can make you feel inferior without your permission"?



Okay. Today's good thing is fuzzy socks, be they handmade or store bought. I have a whole drawer of them because my feet get cold sitting down here in the basement all day. Today's fuzzy socks are bright red and warm, even though they're store bought and probably made out of *gasp* acrylic.

No comments: